Sunday 20 September 2015

Rewind the Film (from the 11th album - Rewind the Film)

Manic Street Preachers are getting old, but they do it in style. Beautiful. Please, compare the below song to A Billion Balconies Facing The Sun from their previous album (under the same label) and tell me what other band could write so great, yet so different songs. Hardly any.

The strings in this song are beautiful. They kick in at 1:47 together witj lyrics:

I want to feel small
Lying in my mother's arms
Playing my old records
Hoping that they'll never stop


This song makes me feel infinitely calm and peaceful.

The song features Richard Hawley – it’s mostly his voice that is heard and James Dean Bradfield sings only in refrains.



Hypnotizing. I can’t stop listening to this song.

Here's what James Dean Bradfield said about the new album:
"It's much more acoustic based - I think there's one electric guitar
on the entire record. But it's not Campfire Street Preachers, we're not banging boxes or anything."


(Monday, 8 July 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment