Wednesday 20 April 2016

My favourite quotes

(Originally posted in May 2013)

    Any man who barely sustains an armistice with himself has no business poking around in an alien soul.

(Glen Cook - The Black Company, 1984)


    Life has a habit of not being fair. (...) A man who goes through life complaining about fairness will make nothing of himself.

(David Gemmell - Knights of Dark Renown, 1989)


My letter was burnt but your words were wise
For mystery and youth must surely collide


(Manic Street Preachers - I Think I Found It - from their 10th studio album Postcards From A Young Man, 2010)


    The administration is growing to handle the challenges of the growing administration.

(I don’t know who should be credited for this quote, but I had to post it anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment