Sunday 23 August 2015

A picture of Mario Elie

I am currently reading a great autobiography book written by John Stockton with the assistance of Kerry L. Pickett, titled “Assisted”. I am going to review it in detail, but I need some time to do it. I have already searched Youtube to find some videos of Stockton to post them together with the review. In one of the videos I saw a picture that made me smile. I have to share it.

I am talking about the picture of Mario Elie looking at the Utah Jazz players celebrating John Stockton's 3-pointer at the buzzer that sent them to the 1997 NBA Finals. Elie's expression is ice-cold, but whoever remembers this player knows how ironic this picture is.


When I look at this picture I imagine Mario Elie's thoughts: “So, this is the feeling when somebody else makes a clutch 3-pointer at the buzzer. Hmmm …”

Usually it was Elie who made such shots for the Houston Rockets, winning 2 NBA titles by the way. Three years later (in 1998) he signed with the San Antonio Spurs and was making cluch 3-pointers again, winning another NBA title. Please, notice the reaction of Gregg Popovich in the second video at 3:21.





(Monday, 30 March 2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment